Monday, November 22, 2010

Jessica's "Daily Affirmation"



I adore this video, I wish that adults could maintain such an enthusiasm. I think if we all gave ourselves a pep talk of this magnitude every day, there'd be a lot more getting done, and a lot more spirit while doing it.

I sometimes try to walk into the library in the morning and be overly enthusiastic. "OkAYYY, What's going on today?!!?!? It's gonna be a good day, all right, all right! Let's get some music playing in here!" It makes the librarians laugh, which serves it's purpose as enlivenment, but it also can help with theirs and my perspective of the day. Think/speak positive and you will be positive.

I also often ask friends to tell me something. Or tell me something good. Or tell me something fun. Again, it's as much for me as it is them.

We, as optimists, cling and continually bring forth the positive to help combat with the negative. Not ignore it, but overpower it.

And if we ever falter in doing so on our own, there's always Jessica's Daily Affirmation.

No comments: