Monday, May 17, 2010

The Georgetown Road

NY Times < click on this!

NY Times Just came out with an article on Guyana May 9th -

An article regarding the Georgetown Road, the road I have to travel on from Lethem to GTown each time I need to go to the capital for conferences, or to access the rest of the country from my region (9). This paved road debate is a fitting example of the primary conflict within the country, one of maintaining it's modest traditions and pristine environment, or plunging further and quicker into industry.

It's neat to see familiar faces (Graham Watkins is quite well-travelled in the country and others, the DeFreitas family at Dadanawa Ranch is a beautiful place I've been able to visit) and for you all to see a part of where/how I've spent my time here.

No comments: