Monday, March 28, 2011

My Sunday



Yep, my Sunday afternoon, there it is. It was Sasha's third birthday, and I went to go bake cookies at Cindy's house. We've talked about baking together and have done a couple different things in my time here; I think we're gonna hit a good stride just now. I was gonna go over there to help bake a cake for Sash, but they postponed it until Ashley got back to be there for his daughter's bday (he was at Mapari with guests) so Cindy and I decided to bake anyway, we baked sugar cookies with M&M's in them.

Cindy had Sasha convinced the M&Ms were medicine for a long time, until she caught a glimpse of the brown inner part of the candies and she diligently peeled the candy coating off, licked the inside - and promptly went mad with chocolate fever. It was pretty funny.

We finished baking, and as Sasha's playing with my hair, styling it just so, Cindy says, "Let me put your hair in cornrows." Sure, why not? So we went to the front porch and she did half and Franzea did half; it took the better part of an hour, and even though I'm not too fond of cornrows, the time with the ladies was nice. A change is good every once in awhile, right? We gaffed a lot, and then after they had finished, we made plans to play volleyball in the afternoon, which was a lot of fun. :D

No comments: