Thursday, March 3, 2011

Present frustrations

As my time away from site rounds in on a full month away, I begin to get a little more unable and pessimistic.

I cannot manage the library from far away.
I cannot be the queen of persuasion when it comes to making and staying on top of difficult plans.
I cannot count on a solid date, means, feasiblity of arriving at my house.
I cannot get relief from my music, as it is missing and broken.
I cannot be social with plenty people.
I cannot get rid of this cold.
I cannot have the control over my life as I'd like to. I am given alotted money to feed myself, I am given money and directions on when and where and how to get where I need to go.
I cannot take myself where I want to go.
I cannot count on keeping my things safely in my possession.
I cannot count on many things remaining stable that are around me.
I cannot directly/immediately solve any of the tiny little issues surrounding me.
I cannot get immediate gratification.
I cannot feel reinforced for trying to be assertive about things, because none of it seems to work out.

QOTD: The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do... me, for example, I can let you drown, but I can't bring this ship into Tortuga all by me onesies, savvy?

Thank you, Captain Jack Sparrow.

What I CAN do...
I can accept that things are out of my hands.
I can wait patiently, optimistically and peacefully for progress to come.
I can find ways to enjoy myself while I wait.
I can keep trying, in different ways, if need be.

I can try to do these things, at least.

No comments: