Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bared Beauty

I've considered myself an optimist, a lover and Laugher of Life. Most of the time, anyways.

But - being down here has sort of made it even easier to see the beauty or humour or goodness of a situation much more. I find myself looking at so many people adoringly, appreciating how unique and special and fitting they are. (Maybe this is because it's so much easier to see the ugliness and harshness of certain things, too.)

Every day, I see someone or something that makes me sit back, contented. The breeze, the wide expanse of savannah, the flowers, the fruit trees, the colourful macaws. I get excited over water flowing through the taps, over sun-dried bedsheets.

I look at the people around me and endearingly notice both their similarities and differences and adore them for it, appreciating their different life forces.

Words like "love" and "beautiful" - I find myself using and feeling them so much more now, realizing it's so easy to find, if you're looking for it. I know that just as much beauty and love can be found back home...

... and I hope I will carry this even greater appreciation for life when I go back home. Same and different types of both.

What a wonderful thing, isn't it? To notice the beauty and love all around? What things do you look at each day and think "Hmmmmm. Beautiful." ??

No comments: