Wednesday, December 8, 2010

AAAgggghhh! A KC CHRISTMAS!!!!!

"My whole house is great, I can do anything good, I like my school... I like my dad, I like my cousins... I like my hair, I like my haircuts, I like my pyjamas, I like my WHOLE HOUSE! I can do anything good, yeah, yeah, yeah."

I feel like Little Affirmative Jessica right now.

Christmas! I get to see, do, be in Kansas City Christmas!

Christmas! Scarves, hoodies, hot beverages!

Christmas! Lights, trees, music!

Christmas! Family, presents, goodies!

Christmas! Decorated stores! The Plaza! Ice skating!

Christmas! The Chrismas Spirit. This is more important than any presents - the spirit of giving and sharing.

I want to see cheesy Christmas TV specials! I want to see Dollar General and KMart cheesily and mass-producedly decorated and commercially marketing the holiday! I want to hear those radio stations that play Christmas songs 24/7!

I want to make Christmas cookies and breads and other goodies with my Nana and mom!

I want to see the Advent Wreath and smell that terrible smell of frankensence and myrrh! I want to get goosebumps at hearing a Christmas choir sing "Carol of the Bells"! I want to hear "O Come, All Ye Faithful" sang to the correct tune...


I want to share Christmas Reggae songs with you all.

I want to have a Christmas Forro Dance Party while sampling Egg Nog spiked with El Dorado Rum.

I want to make some homemade Rice Wine and share it out with you all on Christmas Eve and Day.

I want to make Gingerbread cookies out of casareep instead of molasses that Lucy sent for Mom.

I want you all to see the rendition I made, called "The 12 Rupununi Days of Christmas."

KC, I am coming! See you Monday!!! Best. Christmas present. Ever.

CHRISTMAS! (btw, Mom and Dad, can you please gift me pjs, for old time's sake??)

No comments: