Sunday, January 17, 2010

To Dance

The Rupununi makes me dance. The night air makes me dance. The sense of freedom makes me dance.

Or perhaps, to dance gives me the sensation of literal freedom.

To dance is to sing. To dance is to express. To dance is locution.


Chase truly is a kindred spirit. The parallels we've discovered within our lives are too great to NOT be kindred spirits. Just one example - dancing.

He's found his way into a few of my blogs so far, but you'll remember a blog I wrote a few months back about dancing. He has recently posted one about dancing, as well. I'm not sure his 'story' of dancing, but mine, as I've written, has just come to fruit here in Guyana. It's something that we both revel. I've had the pleasure of watching him dance as well as dancing with him - he's quite zesty.

As our experiences as PCV's and developing beings run different, yet parallel courses, Chase has incorporated some of our interchanges into his recent blogs, and I am going to do the same here. In his blog about dancing, he writes:


"To dance is to be free. To dance is to praise. To dance is to be.

Where makes you dance? What? To dance is to?

I dance for so many reasons. Guyana makes me dance. Everything makes sense again, especially after it rained. Dance."


The start to this blog was my response. And now I turn the questions Chase has brought forth to you: What makes you dance? To dance is to...?

2 comments:

Darlene A said...

Oh how I could write a book on dancing! To dance is to..........
Feel!! To feel the release of a primal scream, to feel laughter, to feel sexy (yes even mom's), to feel movement. What makes me want to dance? Music

SarahO-GUY20 said...

:) Heck yeah, you're sexy, Mom!